Sunday, December 12, 2010

Artist Statement

I chose Hannah Piper Burns description of a concise, well written artist statement. The steps she laid out are easy to understand, and have a resonance with what I feel about proper writing.


I can't change the world. I can't change people. I can't even change one person. What I can do is help one person to want to change themselves. If enough people were to choose to change themselves, it could change the world. I investigate what it means to exist, to live. I pry into the way we react to the human condition. By searching myself and pulling back the curtain on my mind, I alleviate the fear others have of doing the same within themselves. My work is a window not only into myself, but also a mirror for the viewer. I am an illuminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment