Monday, December 13, 2010

Research

My research this semester has been internal. I have explored as many ways as I can of self discovery. There are two types of research I have been doing, self analysis and external analysis.

Internal

Journals
*Daily journal broken down as follows

1) Events | Emotions | Intellectual Responses to the Emotion

2) Events | Thought | Emotional Response to Thought

I alternate these Journals daily so as to get a better understanding of the synergy between my thought process and my emotional process. These journals will not be available for viewing but the content will be reinterpreted into kinetic sculpture.

External

*Interviews
*Interviews of people that know me at this moment.
*4 to date, roughly 7 will be conducted.
*these will be incorporated into sculpture work.

*Questionnaires
*These will be single question and will be used directly in performance work for my senior show.
*One completed, two more will be conducted before the show.

*Professional Analysis
*I have finished my first round of sessions with the Physcologist and will begin with a Psychiatrist in the Spring semester.
*These will be displayed directly. Being spoken in a performance for the senior show.

My research is coming along very well. The process is excruciatingly tedious and long. Breaking down a persons mentality into the smallest common denominators is not a quick one, but the results are interesting and will make for work that does not leave room for dismissal as half-assed. It is very important to me that in my work, people see the depth of my analysis so they cannot dismiss it on the grounds that it was not through. I want people to be taken aback at the level to which I excavated my subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment